WHAT IS OASIS?
The Objective Analysis of Self and Institution Seminar (OASIS) is an intensive one-semester leadership and professional development program for STEM faculty designed to accelerate the career development and advancement of academic women in science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM) fields. The program aims to increase retention of women in STEM by reducing isolation and preparing women for leadership positions.
The highly successful OASIS program was developed at Rutgers University. The NSF-sponsored STEM-UP PA has adapted the program to meet the needs of the faculty at teaching-focused institutions in central Pennsylvania.
- Pre-workshop personal goal setting session
- One-on-one coaching conversations to help focus goals and resolve challenges
- A series of interactive workshops to develop skills
- Peer-mentoring groups during and post program to apply skills
- Networking with program participants and senior women scholars to help build alliances for continued support from the STEM community
This program is for female STEM faculty of all career levels. The cohort will consist of approximately 20 participants. Benefits to participants include:
- Clarity about their professional goals and how to achieve them
- Skill development in topics such as negotiation, leadership, teamwork, and self-advocacy
- An expanded community of colleagues
- Strategies for enhanced work-life balance
- Awareness of their skill gaps in leadership
Full participation is important to the success of the program. By accepting to participate in the OASIS program you are making a commitment to attend each workshop as well as additional mentoring activities.
WHO IS INVOLVED
Our Fall 2012 and Fall 2013cohorts have included participants from across the STEM fields at the following institutions:
Graphics of Involved Schools (OASIS)
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
STEM-UP PA reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events and courses at its own discretion. Should a program be cancelled by the STEM-UP PA for any reason, a full refund will be issued. Cancellations received in writing to Ms. Yvonne Dunst (email@example.com) for individual registrants more than 7 days prior to the start of a program or event are eligible for a 50% refund of fees paid. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received from individual registrants 6 or less days prior to the start of the event.
After two highly-successful OASIS sessions in Fall 2012 and Fall 2013, we hope to offer OASIS again to our STEM faculty in Pennsylvania. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating or nominating faculty for future offerings of this leadership training program.
Please check back for updates.
If you are interested in participating in this program or would like to nominate faculty to be involved, please contact Dr. Sarah N. Bryant, STEM-UP PA Project Manager at email@example.com.
- Dr. Bili Mattes, Provost and Chief Academic Officer, Harrisburg University of Science and Technology
- Beth Tracy, Rutgers OASIS Program Director, Rutgers University Office for Promotion of Women in Science, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Dr. Sarah N. Bryant, STEM-UP PA Project Manager