- Pre-workshop personal goal setting session
- One-on-one coaching conversations to help focus goals and resolve challenges
- A series of interactive workshops to develop skills
- Peer-learning groups during and post program to apply skills
- Networking with program participants and senior women scholars to help build alliances for continued support from the STEM community
Apply to the Summer 2016 program here: LDAW Summer 2016 Application The deadline to apply is Monday, May 2, 2016!
- Clarity about your professional goals and how to achieve them
- Skill development in topics such as negotiation, leadership, teamwork, research, writing, and self-advocacy
- An expanded community of colleagues
- Strategies for enhanced work-life balance
- Awareness of your skill gaps in leadership
Full participation is important to the success of the program. By accepting to participate in the program you are making a commitment to attend each workshop as well as additional mentoring activities. Apply to the Summer 2016 program here: LDAW Summer 2016 Application The deadline to apply is Monday, May 2, 2016!
WHO IS INVOLVED Our 2012, 2013, and 2015 cohorts have included participants from across the STEM fields at the following institutions:
Applicants should inquire at their institutions about institutional support for the program fee. Be sure to check with your Provost, Dean, Faculty Development Center, and Grants Office for potential sources of support for this fee, e.g. a faculty development grant.
We hope that administrators will help build capacity of leadership at each institution by nominating, encouraging and supporting faculty to participate. All members of the 2012, 2013, and 2015 cohorts were able to participate with 100% funding from their institutions and other sources.
The cost of the program includes:
- Three individual coaching sessions with a professional coach;
- Five half-day (for a total of 25 hours) interactive workshops on leadership styles, having a voice at the table, work-life balance, enhanced productivity, and negotiations;
- A peer learning circle of colleagues that will help you apply what you are learning throughout the program;
- A network of alumnae from the program that can support your personal and professional development over time.
The total cost for this program is $995. Again, we urge you to seek support from your institution. If the support is not available, we can work with you to set up a payment plan that will be manageable. Please note that we are offering a 15% discount off of individual program fees for groups of 2 or more from the same institution.
Apply to the Summer 2016 program here: LDAW Summer 2016 Application
The deadline to apply is Monday, May 2, 2016!
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
STEM-UP PA™ reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events and courses at its own discretion. Should a program be cancelled by the STEM-UP PA™ for any reason, a full refund will be issued. Cancellations received in writing to Ms. Yvonne Dunst (firstname.lastname@example.org) for individual registrants more than 7 days prior to the start of a program or event are eligible for a 50% refund of fees paid. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received from individual registrants 6 or less days prior to the start of the event.
After three highly successful cohorts in 2012, 2013, and 2015, we are pleased to offer Leadership for Academic Women again to our STEM faculty in Pennsylvania.
- Read more about the workshops offered, program methodology, and what other faculty are saying about the program: STEM-UP PA™ Leadership for Academic Women flyer 2016 (PDF)
- Read testimonials from former participants: Testimonials (PDF)
- Apply to the Summer 2016 program here: LDAW Summer 2016 Application (PDF)
STEM-UP PA™, Leadership for Academic Women Program: Summer 2016
Develop negotiation, leadership, & self-advocacy skills, and broaden your social and professional networks!
Leadership for Academic Women
Leadership for Academic Women is a program for female STEM faculty in Pennsylvania that supports career development and advancement through skills workshops, peer-learning groups, networking and coaching opportunities. The program is hosted by STEM-UP PA™ to increase the representation of women academics in STEM fields.
Workshops: Summer 2016
Note all workshops are Thursdays during the day at the Dixon University Center in Harrisburg, PA.
|Understand and Cultivate Your Style in Working with and Leading Others||Beth Tracy, Rutgers University||May 19||9:30 am – 2:30 pm|
|Being Heard Clearly at the Leadership Table and Beyond||Fatimah Williams Castro, Beyond the Tenure Track, Rutgers University||June 2||9:30 am – 2:30 pm|
|Productivity Assets and Blocks||Sarah Atwood, Elizabethtown College||June 9||9:30 am – 2:30 pm|
|Work/Life Balance – Creating Strategies that Work for You||Bilita Mattes, Harrisburg University of Science and Technology||June 23||9:30 am – 2:30 pm|
|Empowered Negotiations||Dale Fallon, Communication Gym||July 7||9:30 am – 2:30 pm|
Apply to the Summer 2016 program here: LDAW Summer 2016 Application. The deadline to apply is Monday, May 2, 2016!
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about the application process.
If you are interested in participating in this program or would like to nominate faculty to be involved, please contact Dr. Bilita “Bili” Mattes with STEM-UP PA™ at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply to the Spring 2016 program here: LDAW Application 2016
The deadline to apply is Monday, January 18, 2016!
- Dr. Bilita Mattes, Provost and Chief Academic Officer, Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, STEM-UP PA™ Leadership Team
- Beth Tracy, Rutgers University Office for Promotion of Women in Science, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Dr. Kate McGivney, STEM-UP PA™ Leadership Team
- Ms. Lisa McGahren, Professional Coach